My Birth Story.. & Meet Baby Oskar :)

So now I’ve finally had my baby and he’s made his appearance 13 days overdue I am going to write a bit about my birth.. just like everybody says if you don’t like reading TMI etc. then probably just don’t carry on reading my post as it is a birth story ‘n’ all ๐Ÿ˜‰

I can’t remember a lot of times etc because for the most part I was feeling out of it! But Saturday 7th December 2017 I went into hospital for my induction around 8am. They inserted the pessary around 9:30am and then it was basically a waiting game, I walked around and used the birthing ball. At around 5pm / 6pm I started feeling the contractions. At this point it was mainly cramping. Severe cramping but in the most random place, I could feel it all down my bottom half, I tried walking it off which ended up in what should have been a 15 minute walk turning into a 45 minute walk as I had to keep stopping. Weirdly, going up the stairs back to the ward was much easier than coming down!

At around 7pm my contractions got a little stronger and they put me back onto the heartbeat monitor. My boyfriend (I haven’t made a post about this yet – I will!) was obsessed by the monitor.. watching the numbers go up as I had contractions..


At around 8:30 – 9pm they decided to take the pessary out of me as I was contracting 6 times every 10 minutes and they thought that I was contracting way too much. My body is hyper-sensitive to contractions so they told me..

Seeing as my mum and sister were my birthing partners, my boyfriend went home at 9pm and my sister came to the hospital as we believed that he was coming.. By about 11pm my contractions came to a halt and we were again back to nothing which was pretty frustrating. My mum stayed at the hospital with me that night..

The next day, I don’t remember much of what happened.. they were deciding whether to put a pessary back inside me but by the time they had gotten around to examining me I was far enough dilated for them to be able to break my waters. The ward was sooo busy so it was just about waiting to be taken downstairs to the labour ward / delivery suite to have my waters broken. My boyfriend came and stayed at hospital with me that night ๐Ÿ™‚

7am the next morning (9.1.2017) one of the midwives woke us up telling me that they were ready for me to go down and to get all of my things ready, I rang my mum so that she could get ready and I don’t think I’ve ever felt so nervous.. They gave me some toast and got us settled into the room I had my boyfriend and my mum with me at this point. They examined me and told me that I was 2cm dilated. They broke my waters – they were pretty difficult to break it took 2 midwives to have a go at breaking them.

They then hooked me up to the hormone drip to start my contractions yet again. this was probably at around 7:30 – 8am.. it didn’t take long for them to start, after a while I started to feel them properly. I was able to manage with them for a few hours, I then had a bit of gas and air and had a go on the birthing ball. I could not believe how much water there was! At around 10:30 – 11:00 am we called my sister to get her to come to the hospital. I didn’t want my boyfriend to leave as he was pretty good at chilling me out but things were arranged before we met and I think he needed some sleep anyway.

At around 12 or half 12ish my mum and sister were now with me, the pain started to get worse and if anyone is bad with pain its me. I knew it was going to hurt but as each contraction came it was such a weird feeling, pretty difficult to explain but I knew they were painful. I managed to keep up with it for another half an hour, I started to feel involuntary pushes and it freaked me out. They examined me and said I went from 3cm to 7cm in 20 minutes. This is when I asked for an epidural. I waited for the anaesthetist to come – It felt like forever!! When she finally came in she wanted to go through the risks etc with me, she kept saying I’ll wait for your contraction to stop etc. But in the end she just ended up annoying me because my contractions were so close together, she kept stopping and I just wanted the damn epidural before the baby came out.

I told her to just keep telling me through the contractions, so she did. In the end she gave me a version of drug that would work a bit quicker than a normal epidural as I don’t think they thought I had enough time. Here, I think is when they took me off of the hormone drip as they thought my contractions were yet, hypersensitive. Once I was now feeling pretty numb and heavy the contractions started to die off as they’d turned the drip off.. thats when we ended up waiting for hours.. Oskar’sย heartbeat kept dipping so they kept a close eye on that.

At around 6:15pm I started pushing, I felt like my eyes were going to pop out! I ended up pushing for about 2 hours and his head had moved but not as much as they would have liked. They called for the doctor who suggested that I had forceps. Oh my gosh, forceps does not feel anything like I thought it would.. even if I was pretty numb. They actually need to pull really hard as you push, I’m glad all I could feel was pressure.. I was pretty freaked out when they were preparing for the forceps. There was so many people in the room, doctors, midwives etc. I felt his head come out and I pushed once more and he was finally born at 20:58 weighing at 7lbs 14 oz. I’m not sure when he did but the doctor had to cut me to help him to come out so after I had Oskar I felt him stitch me up. That also, I am glad I only felt the pressure as it seemed like he pulled so hard!

Probably not the best of photos but here is his very first photo…


So finally, I can say meet my beautiful baby boy Oskar George. Born 09.01.2017 at 20:58pm Weighing 7lbs 14oz.


Hopefully you can still see the photo clear enough. I just feel a little bit unsure of putting a lot of photos of him on my blog un-watermarked as there can be some weirdos out there..

Kirsty x



6 thoughts on “My Birth Story.. & Meet Baby Oskar :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s